🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do you get your computer parts from?

Started by
21 comments, last by Nytegard 14 years, 11 months ago
I get mine from Newegg.com I was just curious where everyone else gets parts from.
------------------------------------------------------------It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just with potatoes. ~~Douglas Adams
Advertisement
Newegg except on the rare occasions that Amazon actually has it (free shipping!) or Tigerdirect has a better price or a slightly different one that I want.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I live within driving distance of both Tigerdirect and CDW, so I tend to get parts from them. Due to the magic of gift cards I occassionally get parts from Best Buy.
Newegg.
Local wholesalers ... but sometimes, NewEgg
NCIX
Overclockers UK

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote: Original post by Promit
Newegg except on the rare occasions that Amazon actually has it (free shipping!) or Tigerdirect has a better price or a slightly different one that I want.

Same here, though I try to avoid Tiger Direct due to a past bad experience.
NCIX mostly, or sometimes Direct Canada if they have their free ground shipping offer.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
if (newegg.price < amazon.price)
newegg
else
amazon
www.dannylum.com/games_projects.html - My Game Projectswww.dannylum.com/D2DProject - My Open Source 2D Map Editor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement