🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Where do you get your computer parts from?

Started by
21 comments, last by Nytegard 14 years, 11 months ago
anything that delivers to switzerland and is cheap. that includes different swiss shops (digitec.ch and internet.ch are favourites), it includes ebay, it includes strange japanese shops (where the package itself is art.. japanese stuff is fun :), it includes special shops that manufacture very special systems, like my completely silent media center pc from hfx.at.

what ever delivers something worth the price.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Advertisement
scan.co.uk
Amazon if they have it (no 3rd pary vendors though!) -- free shipping, and excellent handling in case something's not fully satisfactory or even broken (which is ultra rare). If Amazon doesn't have it, local retailers.

Neither of these is usually the cheapest, but I don't mind paying a few euros more for getting quality parts and quality service, as opposed to for example Alternate which will usually be 5-8% cheaper than the forementioned, but will sell you damaged goods that cease to function after some weeks (including spontaneous combustion on two OEM PCs) and then refuse any kind of compensation, claiming that you mishandled or deliberately broke the hardware. No, I'm not joking.
NewEgg for the most part.

I do order my monitors from NCIX due to their 0 dead pixel guarantee though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement