🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Power line conditioners/voltage stabilizers

Started by
0 comments, last by Sneftel 15 years, 7 months ago
I should probably be asking on AVS, but since I don't have an account there yet I figured I'd try the lazy route first. I live in an apartment building, and the amount of AV equipment is gradually increasing to the point that I'm thinking I ought to look into taking better care of it. I use basic surge protectors right now, which of course are totally useless except for actual surges (which aren't exactly common). I'm wondering about inexpensive (<$100) power line conditioners, voltage regulators, etc. Probably ones that aren't UPSes, as I don't think outright power loss is that big a deal. I have two questions. First, is it worth getting this stuff to protect game consoles and a mid range LCD HDTV? Since I live in an apartment, I'm kind of suspicious that the power system isn't that reliable, but I have not observed any problems. I don't know what the actual line voltage looks like, I haven't checked. Second, if it is worth getting something, any suggestions for what to pick up?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
clucky. Not a useful buying guide for those of us living in 120VACland, but good for orienting the various technologies.

EDIT: whoops, wrong link.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement