🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Workstation deployment, office space issues

Started by
-1 comments, last by pparker 15 years, 7 months ago
I need help solving a hardware deployment problem for a client! I've got just over 1500sq ft of floor space + 300-400 sq ft max for IT data center. I've got to get 20 game developers / 3D graphics artists, plus 4-5 admin & managers into this space. Workstation configuration will depend upon job function of each employee, but minimum configuration will be Core 2 Quad with 2GB RAM, NVIDIA 9800GT. Maximum configuration (at this point)will be Dual Quad Core Xeons, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700 x 2 (quad monitor config). For those of you out there who manage or operate in small and/or medium-sized studios, how do you manage the PC real estate, noise, & heat issues in limited spaces? How do you plan for growth? A friend working at an engineering firm tried centralizing and rackmounting the PC workstations, extended KVM-over-IP with limited success - performance issues. Anybody tried this or other similar technology? Your help is appreciated! PParker

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement