Advertisement

[4E6] Ogu (daily updates)

Started by October 01, 2007 09:55 PM
15 comments, last by yckx 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by Herio-san
I was actually doodling on my calculus notes today in class to try and come up with a way to replace the option box. Im thinking about replacing it with a flag (similar to the one seen on the logo).

I was thinking it might be cool if you could make it resemble those vertical kanji boxes you see in the corners of ukiyo-e paintings. Image-Google 'ukiyo-e' if you're unfamiliar with them.
looks good (:
Advertisement
Thanks again for the suggestions guys.

In reply to yckx:
I'm currently working on the "Ukiyo-e" styled box for the menu. (Its a great idea and I think it should come out wonderfully - although it makes me want to redo the entire title screen with the Ukiyo-e painting style). Should have an update posted sometime today.

In reply to Goober King:
Thanks for the color idea. I wasnt quite sure how I was going to impliment the colors yet, but doing everything the way you said seems like a good start.

Some side notes:
-I have a friend helping me come up with another concept for the main character (I dont particularly like the way mine came out)
-I'm still not sure what kind of game I'm going to make, although a 2D sidescroller is definately looking likely.
-I'm also looking into Irrlicht as a possible decision for 3D graphics in the event I decide not to make the game 2D. If anyone has any information on the program (or suggests another program) I would be glad to hear it.

~Herio
would be very nice if the grass was animated on the title screen to get the feeling of a calm wind blowing or something but it might be hard don't know if you keep it in layers in the image source (:
I really like the style, hopefully you can keep nice and highly stylized.

It would be really neat to try and get some samurai jack 'comic book' moments into the game.
I dream hard of helping people.
jblund_dk:
Currently the Title screen is animated, but the animation is only the red fog in the background moving. I really do want to make the grass move, and I'm currently trying to figure out a way to do so without tremendously increasing the filesize.
Aiursrage:
A good portion of my inspiration actually does come from Samurai Jack. Ive been trying to incorporate many of the "good" qualities (at least the good qualities seen from my perspective) into the game.
~Herio
Advertisement
Hmm. The lightning looks very simplistic compared to the vegetation. You might want to study some pictures.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement