Advertisement

[4E6] Discuss Element: Ponies

Started by September 27, 2007 11:31 AM
49 comments, last by Dark Adept 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by cyansoft

I think I got this contest in the basket... I mean in the bag!

">In the basket
, eh?

(this is not a rick roll link)

i think we definately need clarification if your mean pony in the literal sense
or if a simple horse will suffice.
i wouldnt want to be disqualified because the pony's legs were too long to qualify as pony, and actually is a horse..

also the joke comment made that we could make the game element as an amount of british currency(25lbs?)?? i hope thats a joke =)

also for everyone else - i thought it important to note that pony doesnt mean "my little ponyies" its a type of horse breed(smaller ones), its been linked enough so go read the wiki
Advertisement
Hmm. A horse and a pony are quite different, so is a mule for that matter. Ponies are practical for hobbits. Aha, a Lord of the Rings game. Hobbits off to steal precious (preeeecioousss) crystals from the orcs. They ride on ponies. There are probably some explosions. An accountant... um... is involved somehow.
If you show me a small horse and tell me it's a pony, I'll believe you (I'll just put it down to inaccurate modelling).

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Pony (slang) - denoting a person or something that is lacking, and therefore considered lame, weak, idiotic, lesser in quality or performance. also referring to the level of awkwardness in online games, to describe when someone is "owned" It also refers the lack of coordination when moving in games, alluding to a baby horses first movements online gaming

It actually comes from the rhymeing slang:
Pony and Trap = Crap

People also refer to the amount of ponies a car has under the hood refering to the horsepower
while a pony does seem a little silly as an element, a contest is a contest. I'll try to make something, and you damn well better believe it will feature all 4 elements
Advertisement
I think this:

ponies

will be a source of inspiration for me...
I'm still adding collision to my engine, so I don't have time to think about the elements just yet. I'm thinking game play should revolve around grenades (i.e. explosions). Some twisted kind of polo, perhaps.
I just wanted to see if he would actually do it. Also, this test will rule out any problems with system services.
I would just like some clarification on this. Do you have to actually use the pony animal, or can you use alternative meanings? Also, can you have another object that you call a pony? Like a weapon, or vehicle, etc. If so, does the pony have to be the main type, or could I call my pistol a pony, the shotgun a stallion, and the chainsaw the brumby?

Just want clarification, that's all.
When I lived in Modesto CA, you could buy a pony for a bill. Ponies were the common reference for crack cocaine. Crystals are a pretty common reference to crystal meth. And every drug dealer west of the Mississippi considers himself an accontant.

edit: source:
walk down the street in any major metropolitan area asking if you could buy a pony. See if you DONT wind up dead or in jail (unless you have THAT much charisma)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement