Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by coding penguin
its already so many replyes, give us elements! the masses are waiting [grin] tommorow shade your world is ending, so lets hope [grin]

Nope. Shade your world has been extended to the 16th September.
Quote: Original post by Blygis
its already so many replyes, give us elements! the masses are waiting [grin] tommorow shade your world is ending, so lets hope [grin]

Nope. Shade your world has been extended to the 16th September.

yup. but as said here, its not affecting 4e6 [smile]
Advertisement
yup. but as said here, its not affecting 4e6 [smile]

Yep. Aaaargh! Can't wait :).
I rather Superpig just come out and tell us that the contest won't happen this year than keep us in suspense.

On a side note, I noticed a couple of people say they would participate in 4e6 even if there were no prizes. So theoretically wouldn't it be possible for us to hold a mini-warm-up 4e contest ourselves without any prizes. But maybe the GD.net staff would take offense to that?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. – Leonardo da Vinci
The contest will be starting at some point this month.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote: Original post by superpig
The contest will be starting at some point this month.

Only 27 days remaining!
Advertisement
I recently bought an nvidia graphics card and with it came 2 free halflife variation games. I can offer those as prizes (kinda unfair to non-windows users i guess). If anyone organizing the contest is interested, pm me.
Actually Half-Life 2 is one of the absolute best supported games under wine, it installs and plays with no problems at all. Prizes or not I'll be joining this contest, pretty much the first 4E contest where I'm actually around when it started.. I wonder what the contest will be this time. Just wish we didn't have to make it run for windows, means I'll have to write extra code for win32 and most likely get a tread wrapping library instead of being able to just spawn threads, ick...
Well it's pretty fair to require Windows compatibility, really. Although I think the only reason is that judges don't want to have to have to mess about getting entries to work.
Hmm, it would be great if the contest is platform independant. It is so very much more fun, to work with Ubuntu than with Windows. And wouldn't it be good to push the amateurs and semi pros into a cross platform direction, rather than stick on one OS? Mind, if your code compiles on Win, Linux, MacOSX, PS2 or even Wii. Yes - thats it! I want to see my game in the virtual console, sharing it with millions of other users around the WWWii.
Just some thoughts...
Rgds
XDigital.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement