Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by Srekel
Any updates on when the contest will start? :)

There is another contest running - the "Shade Your World" contest - we're not going to run two contests at a time [smile].
Quote: Original post by superpig
...Oh, and we will be running another short contest in conjunction with one particular company, but you'll know more about that when it launches in the near future.

??? @_@
i thought they were supposed to run in parellel.
didnt the HDR contest last year run at same time as 4e5?
the Shader Contest is something that appeals mostly to the art folks (imho)
dont think there would be much conflicting time worries for ppl trying to do both.

unless the delay is purely administrative.
in which case, i have to say, i think 4e6 should have had priority
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Emmanuel Deloget
we're not going to run two contests at a time [smile].
Sure we will.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Sure we will.

Ooo, does this perhaps mean that the contest will start within the next three weeks? (Yay!)
Sure we will.

Oh... You are a bit more multithreaded than me [grin]...

... and with superpig's response we all hear Europe begin playing Final Countdown ...
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Advertisement
seriously, I've totally given up on this contest. I know it's coming SOMETIME but I just don't have the time or will to go in here anymore...

Actually I think you'll loose a lot of entries this way.

good luck to the ones still holding on.
Quote: Original post by AJirenius
I doubt it. The things that will make or break this contest are the elements and the prizes. [wink]

If you have given up (even before it has even started) that is your loss [razz]
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube
Quote: Original post by ViLiO
Quote: Original post by AJirenius
I doubt it. The things that will make or break this contest are the elements and the prizes. [wink]

And for some people, it's also the little detail of "being able to spend your 2 months summer holiday on it before school starts again".

So yeah, obviously a lot of people have a lot less time now that they'll be back in school by the time the contest starts.
Well, I have a programming class that lets me program what I want, when I want so as long as the contest is during the first semester of my school year i'll have plenty of time to work on my entry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement