Advertisement

4e6

Started by February 24, 2007 06:58 PM
433 comments, last by sirGustav 16 years, 11 months ago
Quote: Original post by mindrot
let me be frank:

rewards be damned, lets get this party started.
half the people dont care about the rewards because they know they are likely not to finish (brutal honesty)
however, these people like the unified direction and support of their peers.
if the prize was simply free year of GDNet+ it would be MORE than enough

True that!
let me be frank:

half the people dont care about the rewards because they know they are likely not to finish (brutal honesty)

Get it on!
“Always programm as if the person who will be maintaining your program is a violent psychopath that knows where you live”
Advertisement
Noted. I don't think it'll be much longer now, though. Oluseyi's actually handling the sponsors for me this year - relationships with other companies being more up his alley as Business Lead - and he's hoping to have significant results within the next week or so.

I should be able to get the contest pages themselves up first though, so you can all see the rules etc. No major changes from last year though.

Oh, and we will be running another short contest in conjunction with one particular company, but you'll know more about that when it launches in the near future.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

shweet
props to the greens
let me be frank:

I would have never known about this compo if it wasn't for the graphics card. And there are a few people I know who want to join now because of last years prizes. I don't care about the prize's now that I've competed, the real prize is how far this competition seems to stretch your name out on the internet.

Glad things are coming along now. I hope everyone brings their A-Game :D.
enalpria.uni.cc

hehe I'd still enter if the prize was just 12 months supply of bragging rights.
Advertisement
Man. And I'm going to be out of the country during the whole contest, aren't I? I mean, not that they don't have computers in Hong Kong, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find a copy of 3DS Max/Maya, a microphone and sound software, and Reason. Bah!

On a somewhat related note, is there any chance we could download the games from 4E5? I've only played two of them (not even the winners - just the pizza game and... the Boomlands) and now the pages tell me that no downloads are available. If necessary, I will begin to manually send PMs out to each member, in order of ID number, requesting this be done. Presumably at least one of them can figure out how.
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
I think all of them are Here
Quote: Original post by Avatar God
Presumably at least one of them can figure out how.

LOL
Any updates on when the contest will start? :)
------------------"Kaka e gott" - Me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement