Advertisement

Your Projects on Linux/BSD

Started by December 23, 2006 08:07 PM
23 comments, last by Rhaythe 17 years, 7 months ago
Quote: Original post by GBGames
Crown and Cutlass! Why does that game sound and look familiar? Has it been featured in linuxgames.com or tuxgames.com?

I've posted in similar "show off your non-windows projects" threads before. We are in the Linux Game Tome, but I don't think we've had an update there for a long time. We were also recently linked to from the Pirates! Wikipedia page. I'm pretty excited about that one... Anyway, I'm glad you've heard of us!
I develop all of my games first on OS X and then port them to Windows (and sometimes Linux).

I'll probably have more screenshots of my space trading RPG soon.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Mr Grinch
Crown and Cutlass! Why does that game sound and look familiar? Has it been featured in linuxgames.com or tuxgames.com?

We are in the Linux Game Tome, but I don't think we've had an update there for a long time.

That's probably it!

Roots: That's some great progress! Have you posted it to happypenguin.org?
-------------------------GBGames' Blog: An Indie Game Developer's Somewhat Interesting ThoughtsStaff Reviewer for Game Tunnel
Roots: That's some great progress! Have you posted it to happypenguin.org?

Thanks, and yes we have: HP link. Right now we're working on getting a much improved version of our demo released. I actually wasn't too thrilled with our first demo and it was missing a lot of features we had planned for it, but we figured we should just buckle down and release something finally. [lol]

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

Quote: Original post by Ravuya
I develop all of my games first on OS X and then port them to Windows (and sometimes Linux).

Given their common heritige in Unix/BSD, shouldn't it be easier to port to Linux than it is to port to Windows?

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Quote: Original post by Sander

Given their common heritige in Unix/BSD, shouldn't it be easier to port to Linux than it is to port to Windows?

We develop Allacrost across Linux, Windows, and OS X simulatenously, and we found OS X to be the most painful of the three to debug and get a working build on. I think Apple's build system might be a bit whack. I know visage always used to bitch and swear at it like crazy sometimes. [lol]

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

Advertisement
http://www.imperialrealms.com

is being developed on Linux, plus a client for Windows.
Steve Bougerollehttp://www.imperialrealms.com | http://www.sebgitech.com | http://www.bougerolle.net
It is, but Windows users are the most annoyingly vocal when software doesn't work on their platform, so they get priority.
It is, but Windows users are the most annoyingly vocal when software doesn't work on their platform, so they get priority.

I can only assume that most of the Linux users are either:
a) use to not having games
or hopefully
b) more competent than the windows users at working around silly little set backs like that.
[ Six Hour Game Contest | ( Thread | Blog | Wiki | 6hour Bio ) ][ Website | (Blog | Gallery ) ]
i made tetris...it's a start >_>

beryl doesn't show window borders :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement