Advertisement

BusID

Started by April 21, 2006 12:44 PM
-1 comments, last by Ademan555 18 years, 4 months ago
Well, I thought i'd give Ubuntu a try. I did, first of all i'd like to say i'm very impressed with it. But second of all i'd like to note that my impression of x is that it does exactly what i had hoped to do, therefore my efforts to create a desktop (well, it seems desktop wasnt the word) would have been in vain. Regardless, i've begun to use that machine much much more. I have an ATI card in that machine, and I tried to install the fglrx drivers for it. I followed a little tutorial ubuntu had supplied, to the letter, i got a minute speed boost, but i'm willing to bet that came from switching from the 386 kernel to the 686 kernel (since all openGL apps were still painfully slow). Anyways, on startup it says DRI fails to initialize. I don't know why but I had this impression that the BusID that x detected was NOT correct, and so I'm asking now. Is there any way to detect the BusID's of your graphics card? Even if that means going through a list of devices. (The device manager isnt what i had in mind because i dont quite know how it works internally, and may just have a list of CONFIGURED hardware, and all that rot) (sorry if my question is confusing, i'm just real confused) thanks -Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement