🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Experimental Gameplay Competition

Started by
2 comments, last by jazzuo 18 years, 3 months ago
Hey all, www.experimentalgameplay.com is announcing the first ever Experimental Gameplay Competition! The prize is an internship in the game industry at THQ's Heavy Iron Studios. If anyone is interested, please check out our site: http://www.experimentalgameplay.com/competition.php -Kyle
Advertisement
Sounds pretty good - I remember reading that white paper last week and was very impressed.

I couldn't find a link to the official rules though - what are the policies on using an existing codebase, graphics APIs, languages, etc. Basically, are there any constraints other than the theme?

Additionally, how will the entry be judged? Will it be solely based on innovative gameplay, or will the assets (artwork) also be required to show skill (ie, if my art looks like crap will I be at a disadvantage)? What are the specs for the target system?

That said, I'm strongly considering making an entry.
I don't want to win an internship, I have a real job!
too bad gamemaker games aarent allowed for a quickly realising a conceptual game its i think best program anyway. although i understand for internship its game maker programer might be useless. i wount enter.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement