Advertisement

Emacs like Visual Studio

Started by November 15, 2005 03:23 PM
3 comments, last by Halsafar 18 years, 9 months ago
Awhile ago some fellow came on here and posted a thread about Emacs. His first post contained information on how to make Emacs boot like Visual Studio.... The guy was shamed and erased his post. I'd like to see it. All I really want is it to boot with a 2 buffers, seperated horizontally (side by side). One buffer being where I code and one buffer being where the speedbar will go. I have my .emacs file: - already opening the speedbar in a seperate buffer. - opens emacs with a split window nicely sized - my .emacs file is ready for restore session so when I quit and re-open it is all the same. All I need is that split buffer to open the speedbar buffer. Anyone know how to load a specific buffer into a target buffer window via .emacs? [Edited by - Halsafar on November 15, 2005 4:29:51 PM]
you might want to check out http://ecb.sourceforge.net/
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by kagey
you might want to check out http://ecb.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for suggesting that, it looks pretty useful. I'm gonna use that from now on i think. [grin]
Quote: Original post by Halsafar
Awhile ago some fellow came on here and posted a thread about Emacs. His first post contained information on how to make Emacs boot like Visual Studio.... The guy was shamed and erased his post. I'd like to see it.

What makes you think he was shamed? That's rather condescending of you.

Perhaps he realized the losers of this website were incapable of learning any skills of both historical and beneficial value beyond the capacity to brain virtual meat-puppets to death on a video screen?

Because he said so...
He deleted all the text in the first post of the thread (which is the one I wanted to see) and replaced it with a rather sad/sorry post. It my opinion he was shamed at the remarks ppl made about his post (which were fine remarks, he had no reason to be shamed). To be more precise, I think it was childish of him to make a thread, get some replies, then change the very essence of the thread by modifying the first post so much that all the replies no longer made sense. He made some good points whoever he was, and he should learn to stick with them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement