🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

[4E4] #34 The Curse of Za Defami Island

Started by
15 comments, last by cow_in_the_well 18 years, 8 months ago
I loved it. Of course, I am a bit biased.

The atmosphere is great, the level design is great, the intro movie is terrific. I found the controls worked well, too.

The ending kinda... was completly missing, but oh well [grin].

The falling sounds were my favorite [lol].
Advertisement
Am I right in thinking that you deliberately set up zombie spawning in that last area to only happen when the spawn point wasn't in the player's field of view?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Of course ;). Can't have them popping into view right in front of you :P.

- Thomas Cowellwebsite | journal | engine video

It stays as a black screen for me... It doesn't lock up the system, it just doesn't render anything other than a black screen.

Any ideas?
--m_nPostCount++
Yeah I've had that problem on a few systems, and I'm not sure why it does it. If you press tilde on the black screen does it show the console?

Try browsing to the installation directory and running "launch_debug.bat".

What graphics card have you got?

Quote: Original post by cow_in_the_well
Of course ;). Can't have them popping into view right in front of you :P.

Nifty way to get around the lack of a "zombie breaking out of ground" anim. Had the nice side effect of the zombies always surprising you from behind [grin]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

We actually had planed to do fancy crawling-out-of-cracks animations, but you know...no time :(.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement