Advertisement

Firestarter Firewall -- problems on startup

Started by October 26, 2005 05:15 PM
-1 comments, last by Halsafar 18 years, 11 months ago
Okay I installed FireStarter Firewall for Linux and it works great, I'm happy with it. Problems arise at Startup however. When the system is going through the boot process, it gets to trying to setup the network and it says something along the lines (cannot find a log so this is summed up) eth0 is not available this system does not support iptable error /lock/firestarter Cannot get permission's error cannot rm /lock/firestarter Now my system will boot fine and the connection eth0 is up and running... However the firewall and iptables are corrupt. I have to do the following to get them back in action: /sbin/service firestarter stop /sbin/service iptables stop /sbin/service firestarter start /sbin/service iptables start Now the firewall is up and running and blocking connections properly. However this is an annoying process to HAVE to go through each time I boot... If I do not go through this process the firewall reports that it is working fine however NONE of its policies in the iptable work, all inbound/outbound connections are allowed... Terrible. How can I go about solving this dilema?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement