Advertisement

speaking of apache...

Started by November 23, 2000 06:47 PM
5 comments, last by Tsu 23 years, 10 months ago
i still can''t get cgi to work... whenever i visit the page using a different computer, it works fine until i try to get at a .cgi file (forbidden)... any ideas? i installed apache when i installed mandrake, so i dont know if its installed or not... thanks if you can help me if you cant, may something incredibly evil happen to your lunch. _________
Tsutomegi
check your apache config files (httpd.conf)
Advertisement
Well now, Apache is most certainly installed if you can visit pages from another machine

Are the permissions correct for the .cgi file (they should be chmod 755)?
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
chown nobody *
chmod 755 *

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

chown nobody *
chmod 755 *

chown nobody *
chmod 755 *

Advertisement
I''ve seen double posts - but triple?

"Science is a tool. If the tool works, we use it. If it''s true, that''s great, but if it isn''t, it doesn''t matter" -- ("Desert Fox" from GameDev.net)''s physics teacher
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away"--Henry David Thoreau

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement