Advertisement

Wvdial Problem.

Started by June 12, 2005 08:00 AM
2 comments, last by Yosh 19 years, 3 months ago
I need som help with my dial connection under Wvdial. I have a external modem 56kbit. Under linux I have done so that the modem goes from PAP, when I try to connect it seems that the modem connects without problem but when it comes to the last phase (to connect to pppd) it stops. I don't know what the problem is. Help please.
You're probably using the wrong command to initialize pppd. Either that or you're executing an improper command right before you intialize pppd.

Anyway, this external modem you have, is it hardware or software based?

EDIT - Oh yeah, even though I haven't messed with WVDial for years (I do remember it is quite nice though), pasting your script might help a lot.
________________________________"Fetch me a rope, lynch mob of one." - Randy Blythe, Lamb of God."The masses are asses." - Unkown.
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Yosh
You're probably using the wrong command to initialize pppd. Either that or you're executing an improper command right before you intialize pppd.

EDIT - Oh yeah, even though I haven't messed with WVDial for years (I do remember it is quite nice though), pasting your script might help a lot.

Hardware... What do you mean with "pastig your script might help a lot" I have no scripts... =S
Quote: Original post by Eken
Quote: Original post by Yosh

Hardware... What do you mean with "pastig your script might help a lot" I have no scripts... =S

If you have no scripts, how the hell are you dialing at all?

In other words, you do. Post your pppconfig and all that fun stuff. Link to them or use the [ source ] tags, I guess.
________________________________"Fetch me a rope, lynch mob of one." - Randy Blythe, Lamb of God."The masses are asses." - Unkown.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement