Advertisement

gnome-panel Applet (Gtk+)

Started by April 23, 2005 03:48 PM
-1 comments, last by Promit 19 years, 4 months ago
I need some help with Gtk+, specifically in writing a gnome-panel applet. I can find resources on regular Gtk+ stuff, but panel applets are a little different since they're embedded bonobo controls...worse still, they weren't always this way and finding information that is actually relevant to recent versions of GNOME is difficult. So, for the specifics: 1) I need to populate a popup menu at runtime, on a left click (i.e. I don't want to modify the context menu that shows up on right click). Note that in this case there's no parent menubar widget, which leaves me a little confused about exactly how to construct this menu and where to put it. 2) When someone selects an item in the menu, I need either the string label of the selected item or an array index from the menu, preferably the former. This is also a little weird, since normally you'd be registering callbacks for item click events. In my case, I don't know the possible menu items at compile time, so there's no way for me to link give it callback functions for each menu item. 3) When the menu is opened, I want to highlight or put a check mark beside a specific item, again looked up by string.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement