Advertisement

help with suse 9.1 and hardware

Started by March 01, 2005 01:21 AM
-1 comments, last by digital_phantom 19 years, 7 months ago
I have SuSE 9.1 Personal Edition installed on my computer, And so far I really like it, but the only problem is the support for my hardware. It doesn't support my sound card, network card, or modem. My motherboard's chipset is nvidia's nforce 2, so I downloaded the linux drivers off of nvidia's website. I logged into SuSE's level 3 (console only) and installed the nvidia drivers for the network and sound. But using their manual, I set up the network like it says, but it doesn't do anything, like nothing is there. And then in their manual there is no information to set up sound in suse, so you have to do it the manual way, so I did but I get nothing but errors, and when I try to set the card in suse's sound setup, it always says the device cannot start or something like that. And then my modem is the Lucent Agere Win Modem, so I tried to use the LT-modem drivers in linux, and the modem doesn't work, and then I tried to manually set it up using different ports and still no success. And now for some reason when I try to log in as the root, for some reason suse's yast starts up and doesn't let me get into the gui. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement