🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

tools

Started by
1 comment, last by meeshoo 19 years, 9 months ago
hi there. how are u?...[listening]...i'm glad all of you are doing great :) i have a little question here: if, along with the program and data files, we build some tools (i.e.:for exporting and converting data), do we must include this tools too in our subscribe? if we do, does that 1 M limit applies to this too? i think not, because this are development tools and they are not loaded on the phone. but i want to be sure, so please answer my question. thanks.
Advertisement
No, you only have to submit the actual application and its source code. If you wanted you could include any tools, for example, a tool to convert some external format into your custom mesh format, I'm sure they would be appreciated.

The 1MB limit definatly does not include any tools. That is the actual physical memory limit on the phone, so only applies to the runtime component (including assets).

Alan
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." -Louis L'Amour
thanks a lot

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement