🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sockets

Started by
12 comments, last by Gyzmo 23 years, 9 months ago
Well i''m not in any real need (except to create some activity in the Linux forum ). I was wondering if there was a cooler way of handling sockets, I don''t really like read/write/recv/send. If I could hook it up to a C++ stream, that would be nice I''m very rusty on C console/file I/O and stuff, I sort of skipped it and went straight to the C++ versions. Gyzmo ======================= [signature][/signature]
Gyzmo=============================="Well is the world standard" - The Alchemist"Not in Canada!" - jonnyfish
Advertisement
Nope, standard c is by far the coolest way to do anything
----------meh
2bad

Gyzmo
=======================
[signature][/signature]
Gyzmo=============================="Well is the world standard" - The Alchemist"Not in Canada!" - jonnyfish
man fdopen

http://www.thisisnurgle.org.uk

"Nazrix is cool" Nazrix first, then Darkmage, then Nazrix again

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Why don''t you simply write a wrapper class?
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
< rant >

Bulbaser and muzzafareth... was there any point in making those posts?

They offered no help whatsoever (IMNSHO) to Gyzmo. If you don''t know the answer, either a) say you don''t know the answer and ask for help, or b) shut the hell up.

There''s nothing wrong with saying "I have no idea". Offering biased and irrelevent PERSONAL opinions doesn''t get us anywhere.

< /rant >

http://www.thisisnurgle.org.uk

"Nazrix is cool" Nazrix first, then Darkmage, then Nazrix again

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Oh, I don''t mind, I already wrote my wrapper using recv and send, I was just wondering if I wasted my time

Gyzmo
=======================
[signature][/signature]
Oh by the way I was wondering if it is possible to turn off certain warnings while compiling, and how.
(I want to turn off the following warning: "'class Foo' only defines private constructors and has no friends" (Singleton class))

Gyzmo
=======================
[signature][/signature]

Edited by - Gyzmo on September 6, 2000 1:41:53 PM
Okay Godfree, sorry about the post... It didn''t help
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Since I''m not _that_ good with C++, I gotta ask. Why would you want a class with only private contructors and no friends? Where is that useful?
-------------------------------------------------------------LGPL 3D engine - http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/realityengine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement