🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What is AVG Game?

Started by
24 comments, last by renqilin 20 years, 5 months ago
quote: Never heared of AVG (except the AVG virus scanner) but, taking a wild guess - Adventure Game?

Never heard of that one either, anyway according to google it does stand for adventure game
The monkeys are listening...
Advertisement
quote: Original post by FtMonkey
quote: Never heared of AVG (except the AVG virus scanner) but, taking a wild guess - Adventure Game?

Never heard of that one either, anyway according to google it does stand for adventure game

What a guess! Shows you how much attention the gaming comunity pays to adventure games though - the fact that the AVG abreviation isn''t even known...
quote:
What a guess! Shows you how much attention the gaming comunity pays to adventure games though - the fact that the AVG abreviation isn''t even known...

I thought Sam and Max and the Monkey Island series were pretty good games...although that was a long time ago I don''t pay too much attention to adventure games anymore...oh well
The monkeys are listening...
As far as i know, the term AVG (AdVenture Game) is used for defining "visual novels" games (lots of texts with images), as the bishoujo (non-adult & adult) japanese games or games like Hideo Kojima''s Snatcher.
RPG game programming and tutorials - Playable demo in Progress!
http://www.rrc2soft.com
TBS = turn-based strategy

Tadd
- WarbleWare
Tadd- WarbleWare
RAAKTBIF-Run around and kill things because it''s fun
I would have thought Adventure Game would be ADV Game or some such. So an "AVG Game" is an AdVenture Game Game?

If someone said "that is one AVG game!" that they meant "Average."
quote: Original post by FtMonkey
quote:

I thought Sam and Max and the Monkey Island series were pretty good games...although that was a long time ago I don''t pay too much attention to adventure games anymore...oh well

[quoting Steven Stifler] F****** right doggy![/quoting] The monkey island series is one of the best (and funniest) games I''ve ever played!
Don''t forget the BL-games!
BL = Boy Love
quote: Original post by NafdahliX
Don''t forget the BL-games!
BL = Boy Love

Is that something only the Jackson family plays?

-UltimaX-
Ariel Productions

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement