🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

question about a rule (GDArena)

Started by
0 comments, last by T2k 20 years, 8 months ago
quote: Threads, or any other asynchronous capability, may not be used in programming bot DLL''s. All execution must be synchronous
and now the question: do we have to remove such code completly from the files, or are we allowed to let it be there (commented out etc)? same for debugwindows, should i remove the code completly or can i simply disable it by not calling such functions? in my case the async (or semi async) would be a callback wndproc for the debugwindow T2k
Advertisement
quote: Original post by T2k
quote: Threads, or any other asynchronous capability, may not be used in programming bot DLL''s. All execution must be synchronous

and now the question: do we have to remove such code completly from the files, or are we allowed to let it be there (commented out etc)? same for debugwindows, should i remove the code completly or can i simply disable it by not calling such functions?

in my case the async (or semi async) would be a callback wndproc for the debugwindow

T2k

You can leave it there and just disable it. Or maybe even just make it a _DEBUG only thing.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement