🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

perfect, dont change a thing...

Started by
1 comment, last by particleG 20 years, 11 months ago
no problems running the Arena exe, the underlying logic is perfect. I love the limited information. Started programming a bot today and, as you said, the default logic does not apply. At first it looked like a difficult task but now seems easy. I considered a lot of complex logic but didn''t implement one (stuff usually found in AI logic). Now I have implemented 150ish lines of logic and already have a decent bot that can navigate the map (with no internal map stored), doesn''t get stuck, and can already calculate which weapon to use and when to fire. I still gotta work with the angles on those grenades. Don''t add any wall detection or anything, it is perfect the way it is. A challenge is always good. Could remove the ammo counters though, since that can be done internally (not gonna complain if they stay). Keep it the way it is, please. No more info needed. This is the best contest ever
Advertisement
150 lines and your bot can do all that ?
Nice job

yeah, my implementation is to say the least "quite unique" (the map navigation anyways). I am up to 216 lines now, added some more features to it. It''s now smarter when it attacks, knows when it has been hit and is able to look for the enemy if it has gone behind a tree or something.

still haven''t got the angles to work on those grenades though. They seem to fire at random speeds or something and it seems to depend on the speed that your bot is walking. I dunno, gonna try some more stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement