🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Defect Reports

Started by
150 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 11 months ago
Watching a variable to try to figure out when it has wrapped around due to faulty trig hardly seems fair. How would it know if it was backwards the first time the bot seen it? If you really don''t want to think just use atan2, and multiply it by 180/pi. . . or just leave it in radians, it makes no difference to me.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
Advertisement
In the bot generator. . .
I think
void SampleBot::ReleaseInterface(){	// Shutdown code may go here..	delete this;	// do not remove}

should be
void SampleBot::ReleaseInterface(){	// Shutdown code may go here..	if(!--refCount)		delete this;}
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
I had the nice little ammo box appear outside the arena...
The lack of wall detection is unecessary, but can be delt with (sort of). The lack of valid angles is a major problem. This contest should be about good AI, not finding algorithms to fix interface problems.

If the problem is you just don''t have time to fix it then I guess I''ll just wait to enter when it is fixed. If you don''t plan on fixing it...well, it''s just not very fun to solve these types of problems...

There is nothing wrong with the angles, atleast for me, I get negative if it''s to the left and positive if it''s to the right. The way it''s your bot view oriented is good, it would suck if the angle 0 always pointed to the top and you would be given angles in that manner.

Please do not add any wall detection or change the angle system. Believe me it is not hard to avoid walls (or detect them), just have to try a few things.
In MinGW the DLL, is being loaded, so the problem has nothing to do with name mangling.

The crash happens sometime after IPlayer::Init() returns from being called.

I have no idea what the problem is. I thought maybe the vtable was being handled differently between MinGW and MSVC, but if that was the case it never would have been able to invoke IPlayer::Init in the first place.

I wish it worked. I really want to try it.
quote: Original post by smart_idiot
In MinGW the DLL, is being loaded, so the problem has nothing to do with name mangling.

The crash happens sometime after IPlayer::Init() returns from being called.

I have no idea what the problem is. I thought maybe the vtable was being handled differently between MinGW and MSVC, but if that was the case it never would have been able to invoke IPlayer::Init in the first place.

I wish it worked. I really want to try it.

Why don''t you get a trial version of MSVC ?

quote: There is nothing wrong with the angles, atleast for me, I get negative if it''s to the left and positive if it''s to the right.

hmm u really get negative angles (directly from the interface)??? 4 me its both times positive... new version???

T2k

quote:
hmm u really get negative angles (directly from the interface)??? 4 me its both times positive... new version???

yeah I get negative angles and positive angles, I don''t have subtract/add 360 (to fix them) or anything. This is directly from the interface.

Don''t know what version I have, I think it''s the latest one.

Maybe your doing something wrong, I dunno.
quote: Original post by particleG

quote:

yeah I get negative angles and positive angles, I don''t have subtract/add 360 (to fix them) or anything. This is directly from the interface.

Don''t know what version I have, I think it''s the latest one.

Maybe your doing something wrong, I dunno.

i dont think i do something wrong, ive the newest version and its a bug of the mainapp, it has to be fixed!!! bcuz its producing bugs like:

\         / \     E /  \T    /   \   /    \ /     V 

ok tree is T, enemy is E, but hey i cant see the Enemy bcuz ur tree is in front of the enemy, this is a REAL Bug (i dont have preconceived it), but if u add negative angles it will be solved!!!

T2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement