🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Questions about GDArena

Started by
59 comments, last by khawk 20 years, 10 months ago
How many updates do grenades exist for? And are the speeds in the other post correct? What are the various speeds? (Like, so we know how long we have to turn for to turn 180 degrees and stuff)

[edited by - Xgkkp on August 2, 2003 7:27:29 PM]
Advertisement
could you make the taunt font, hahaha it rhymes, bigger and in something like courier, perhaps last longer too? its hard to use for debugging as it is right now.
I''m planning on making a user controlled bot as soon as I get back to my compiler (Sunday night).

Two questions: Is there already a user controled bot and am I wasting my time? (I haven''t even downloaded the executble yet)

and two:

How many people would actually use it?

Cheers
quote: Original post by NatasDM
I'm planning on making a user controlled bot as soon as I get back to my compiler (Sunday night).

Two questions: Is there already a user controled bot and am I wasting my time? (I haven't even downloaded the executble yet)
Clicky!

[edited by - Xgkkp on August 2, 2003 8:21:03 PM]
How do you find the angle that your own bot is facing?
you dont, just keep a relative angle, ie it starts at 0.
mmm k thx d00d
what about the x & y coordinates of the bot? if we don''t get the coordinates at any time, at least we should be able to get the spawn x&y coordinates, right?

SiN
You don''t get the absolute x,y coordinates either... you''ll just have to store them relative to your start point (i.e. you start at 0,0). This makes it hard to know when you''ve reached the map boundary.
Is there a reason the bots can''t tell the difference between right and left when they''re looking at things, in that the direction output of the GetObjectsInSight method will give you the same value if the object is 30 degrees to your left or 30 degrees to your right? It''s not that we can''t work around this, but it would be far simpler if, say, to the left were negative and to the right were positive angles... not that any of this is meant to be simple, but I don''t understand the purpose of having no differentiation between left and right...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement