Advertisement

2nd Hand game art

Started by May 31, 2000 09:12 PM
4 comments, last by WhiteWolf 24 years, 3 months ago
A lot of us at one time or another have had a game project fizzle and die - due to lack of time etc. Now what I am suggesting, is that the reusable resources from these game projects - especially the game art - be "recycled". I know that sprite development and tiles etc are laborious work. What if we can get together a library or archive of art, kind of like SpriteLib, on the GameDev site. It would be open to all contributors, and be a place to get some "fill-in" graphics while developing the prototype for the game, after which some dedicated artists could be hired. I for one am being forced to use the ships from SpriteLib for my game prototype, for lack of anything better (more detailed). Just a (rambling) thought. Regards, WhiteWolf
That''s a great idea. I know that I personally can''t draw anything, especially on the computer, other than basic shapes, and I have a heck of a time trying to find anything usable on the net. I would definitely use this kind of resource.

Scott
Advertisement
Great idea,

Anybody out there listening?!? I''ve got a bit of art just lying around which I wouldn''t mind people using. . . (because of this darn varsity schedule I can''t finish most games)

FReY
do unto others... and then run like hell.
Why don''t you suggest it to the GDNet staff, maybe they could create a page where people could upload free game art.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Great idea!
Great Idea!

If the GD staff is not willing to create a new section/page for such a lib, maybe you could use the GD Showcase to host the art?

Regards

nicba

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement