Advertisement

a few quick questions...

Started by December 30, 2002 07:45 PM
2 comments, last by Del Snd of Thndr 21 years, 8 months ago
Okay, here''s the deal (don''t laugh TOO hard, please...). I''ve been a linux for about 3 days now. I''ve installed Mandrake 9.0, and I''m using KDE 3.0. I wanted to find a p2p client like Kazaa, so I downloaded Limewire. The file is called LimeWireLinux.bin, and I have no idea what to do with it. Please help! Also, I''m anxious to begin to begin doing some software development (as soon as I get the hang of things!), so could someone recommend a good c++ compiler? Also, what is a good site that will teach me the hang of things? I don''t even know how to use the konsole effectively yet (used cygwin very little). :-\ All help is appreciated! ~del
~del
You need to execute the file so LimeWire will install, to do this, you type './LimeWireLinux.bin'.

You should have gcc installed on your system, which is the GNU C/C++ compiler. If you want an IDE to develop in, the most common one that I know of for KDE is KDevelop. (kdevelop.org)

Check out www.linuxnewbie.org. They have some pretty good information and if you can't find it in the tutorials, search through the forums.

[edited by - Badone on December 30, 2002 9:00:59 PM]
Advertisement
Thanks a million!

However, I'm still having a problem. I tried what you said, and this is what I got:

[root@Server Documents]# ./LimeWireLinux.bin
bash: ./LimeWireLinux.bin: Permission denied

What do I do? I'm sorry, I know I'm being a pest, just trying to get this to run...I've worked in Windoze too long...too used to the M$ way of doing stuff Thanks again.

~del

[edited by - Del Snd of Thndr on December 30, 2002 9:11:12 PM]
~del
Nevermind, I found the answer at www.linuxnewbie.org. Thanks a MILLION!!

~del
~del

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement