Advertisement

Game of the time... and never got good audience/sales (sigh...)

Started by May 03, 2000 01:18 PM
37 comments, last by Paladin 24 years, 4 months ago
quote: Original post by Phayder

Z by the Bitmap Brothers is a very, very high-quality game
(ok, network''s a bit bugged) and it was at the time
the coolest RTS you could get according to me.
But the PC games mags didn''t think much of it and the result?
Bad sales. A pity.

If I remember correctly, PC Gamer gave Z good reviews (I remember because that''s why I bought it).

Mike

"Unintentional death of one civilian by the US is a tragedy; intentional slaughter of a million by Saddam - a statistic." - Unknown
What?! Panzer Dragoon sold like made on the Saturn!!!

GO LEAFS GO!
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Advertisement
ha ha ha ha , i think that i was the only person in the world that liked saga frontier ,that was a great game don´t i was playing saga frontier 2 but i stoped since that game is a piece of junk

saturn games are really so cheap?? is sad see my saturn collecting dust because i can´t find any good saturn game here in brazil(even bootleg ones) so if it was cheap i can buy it (since i will don´t have to pay the absurds brazilian imports taxes)

and anyone already played fatal fury wild ambition(the 3d one)??? is far away the best fatal fury( with exception of garou: mark of wolves but it is even a fatal fury isn´t??)
the especials are beutiful even without use transparency and the gameplay is far better than street figther EX

just another thing as anyone played Dragon Ball Legends? don´t?? if you like the anime you have the obligation since is the only dragon ball game that is fun to play

-there so many things more important than money,the
problem is the price.
My vote is for that old game
MDK

Great Combo of Stratagie Action and the Plot and Story line was real good to
Hello, are we missing Star Control 2?

Even though a lot of people talk about it, I don''t think it nearly sold enough to justify the game''s quality....

In fact even if they recreated port the entire game untouched to run on Windows, maybe with some tweaks like speech.... I think it''d sell truck loads of it.... but then again I must be too optimistic.

-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
Just to let people know: I''m pretty sure that Xenogears sold pretty well here. It was the #1 RPG in America at one point, during the period between FF7 and 8. As for MDK, I KNOW that that was a big hit (that''s why they''re making a sequel--it''s almost done and looks KICKASS)

Alex
Atypical Interactive
www.atypical-interactive.com
------------------------------Changing the future of adventure gaming...Atypical Interactive
Advertisement
Ok, Paladin, you win. They were all good games, but I still think PDS *felt* like a next generation game more than the others. I will revise my statement: It was the only RPG worth playing on the Saturn (watch the Lunar fans have my ass in a sling for that one...)

You are a better person in my mind for having played that game... =)
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Hmm... Panzer Dragoon Saga was pretty big hit for Saturn, but for some reason it didn''t hit me that hard... I don''t know why. Generally it was great game, but for some reason I enjoyed playing FF8 more than PDS. Anyways, Starcontrol 2 is absolutely great! Someone should start creating a shareware/freeware version of it, with a little bit of Elite features... I owned only warez version, and so I didn''t have map or any good background information, and so I''m pretty angry for myself... but hey, just four months ago I found Starcontrol 3 from Electronics Boutique for incredible $6, and oh gooooddd... Since then I have been saving the galaxy once more
Only problem in SC3 is that it doesn''t... hmm... feel like professional work. Musics are "something like that", graphics are 256 colors SVGA, which feels somehow weird, and sprites are extra-grainy... and the engine doesn''t feel stable, but hey, who cares, IT''S THE STARCONTROL !!!

I don''t know how well it sold, but I would have to say Warlords 3. This game is still great fun, and I got it years ago. MDK would come second.

- Daniel
my homepage
- DanielMy homepage
I don''t know if this was a big hit or not, but the coolest game of all time is Space Ace. I think they have re-released it for DVD. BUY THIS NOW!

-Icarus
-Andreas

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement