🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Am I just stoopider than my compiler, or what?

Started by
1 comment, last by JwayneT 24 years, 2 months ago
Right now I am using Borland builder 4. And it seems that it doesn''t like void pointers too much OR I just don''t know what I am doing! Problems first came about when I tried pointing to a structure with a void pointer. I could assign it no problem, I even displayed the value of the void pointer before assigning it and after to see if it was doing anything, which it was. But I could not access the member variables after assigning. I was just screwing around with the above stuff, this is where it became a problem. I started working on a windows skeliton, and all of the errors were "cannot convert ''void *'' to ''HINSTANCE_ *''." My question is, is it me or the compiler?
a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Why is it called a hot water heater? Isn't it cold when it goes in the tank?

[email=jtaylor@gtemail.net" class="h]-=CF=-[/email]
Advertisement
It''s the compiler.

/. Muzzafarath
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Sorry, I double posted because I have premature E-post-ulation. If you could refer all comments to the post above this one in the forum that would be just swell!!

a.h{text-decoration:none;color:blue;};a.h:hover{text-decoration:underline;background:red;};

Why is it called a hot water heater? Isn't it cold when it goes in the tank?

[email=jtaylor@gtemail.net" class="h]-=CF=-[/email]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement