🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The new GeForce

Started by
9 comments, last by Jonathan 24 years, 3 months ago
I think the Voodoo4 will probably do pretty good in the value sector, depending on final pricing. But once you get up to the Voodoo5 5500/6000 pricing, it makes more sense to get the GeForce2. Or if you must have a 3dfx, wait for them to get their act together and add TcL support like the other major players. Of course by then they''ll have the GeForce3.

ATIs product is interesting, but they have had driver problems in the past. We shall see.

I''m interested in what Matrox has up it''s sleave (G800). The only real downside of the G400 was the slow GL drivers, but that''s been improving. I know the G800 will have T&L and that it will take advantage of DirectX 8. DirectX 7 only supports T&L for static polys, 8 will enable TcL for moving/animated characters and the like. Not sure if they are keeping DualHead, but I certainly hope so... multimon is just too cooL.

The age of TcL is nearly upon us.

- n8

nathany.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement