Advertisement

Good MFC book?

Started by April 06, 2000 03:33 PM
5 comments, last by Sphere 24 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys, I''m trying to make some tools for my game, but I don''t like the basic MFC UI. So anybody know if there is a good book that explains how to derive those MFC''s classes, and implements our own UI, so it will look better?
I think The Visual C++ 6 bible is a good book to learn programming with MFC

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA
Advertisement
"Learn Visual C++ 6.0 Now" is a good book. It reviews basic C++ concepts, and then guides you through an entire paint program that includes splitter windows, message handlers, dialog boxes, saving, printing, color, etc.

I definetly reccomend this one!
Programming Windows with MFC

ECKILLER
ECKILLER
Hi again guys, thanks for replying, but I''m not looking for a book to learn MFC (I did that already), I''m looking for a book (or maybe any online tutorials) of how to derive MFC''s UI classes, and implement my own UI.

Ok, thanks guys.
I agree with ECKILLER choice but have something to add. Programming windows with MFC is great for learning all the basics. Programming Visual C++, Fifth Edition by Kruglinsky goes more in depth on some concepts. i would recomend using the books together. the Kruglinsky book is a pretty good refrence.

Mike Barela
mbarela@earthlink.net
Mike BarelaMikeB@yaya.com
Advertisement
I''ve always liked Blasczsak books. "Revolutionary Guide to MFC", etc... the red ones.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement