Advertisement

Bltfast 2 Primary

Started by March 16, 2000 05:40 AM
1 comment, last by GEo 24 years, 6 months ago
Hiya, I wrote this program that does some ASM pixel by pixel processing on a surface in system memory, which is nice and fast and all, but then I have to get this surface onto the primary. To do this I used BltFast, and it''s really slow, any hints on how I can speed this process up. I tried Blting to a backbuffer, and then flipping, but its no faster. Any help you can give would really be appreciated. George. "Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
The only time you want to use the directDraw blit routines is when you blit from vidmem to vidmem. In all the other cases you want to use your own blit routines.

Personally I use the hermes library (www.gaffer.org if I''m correct) cause I don''t want to write my own blitters (waste of time) since hermes is the fastest, free and portable.

Jaap Suter

ta,

I''ll go check that out.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement