Advertisement

Developing for palmtop computers?

Started by March 13, 2000 10:16 AM
5 comments, last by J2xC 24 years, 6 months ago
Hmm... any chance someone point me to a source for information on developing software/games for palmtop computers? The palm series is of particular interest to myself... Thanks beforehand J2xC ------------------------------ About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
http://www.palm.net
http://java.sun.com/products/kvm/
Advertisement
If you want to develop for the Palm, I suggest seriously investing in Codewarrior for the Palm. The free software just isn''t as good.
The WinCE SDK isn''t bad, its a pity that WinCE seems to have been dropped. :-(
CE''s not dead. It''s just resting

Seriously, MS is releasing a new version of CE in a few weeks with a revamped front-end and Media Player that plays MP3''s. Dunno if it''s gonna get any more market share than the existing one, but it looks quite good.

(my byline from the Gamedev Collection series, which I co-edited) John Hattan has been working steadily in the casual game-space since the TRS-80 days and professionally since 1990. After seeing his small-format games turned down for what turned out to be Tandy's last PC release, he took them independent, eventually releasing them as several discount game-packs through a couple of publishers. The packs are actually still available on store-shelves, although you'll need a keen eye to find them nowadays. He continues to work in the casual game-space as an independent developer, largely working on games in Flash for his website, The Code Zone (www.thecodezone.com). His current scheme is to distribute his games virally on various web-portals and widget platforms. In addition, John writes weekly product reviews and blogs (over ten years old) for www.gamedev.net from his home office where he lives with his wife and daughter in their home in the woods near Lake Grapevine in Texas.

I''d like to hope so.... I have 2 CE machines, and they both get really heavy use! I''m not sure I really need CE to become a glorified MP3 player, but as long as they keep Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, et al. I''m happy.
Advertisement
I''d like to hope so.... I have 2 CE machines, and they both get really heavy use! I''m not sure I really need CE to become a glorified MP3 player, but as long as they keep Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, et al. I''m happy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement