Advertisement

Redhat 7.3 + NVidia +SDL

Started by May 23, 2002 09:16 PM
1 comment, last by Keef 22 years, 4 months ago
Argh, I''ve just upgraded my system to RH 7.3 and now none of my SDL based OpenGL apps run (even the SDL ports of NeHe''s demos don''t run) The apps compile fine, but crash as soon as the OGL window is displayed. I''ve downloaded the latest NVidia drivers and they seem to be working fine (Tux Racer works like a charm ) Has anyone else come across this? Apart from rebuilding the SDL libs is there anything else I should be looking at? Cheers Keef
-----------------------Current Project: The Chromatic Game Engine
quote: Original post by Keef

Argh,

I''ve just upgraded my system to RH 7.3 and now none of my SDL based OpenGL apps run (even the SDL ports of NeHe''s demos don''t run)

The apps compile fine, but crash as soon as the OGL window is displayed.

I''ve downloaded the latest NVidia drivers and they seem to be working fine (Tux Racer works like a charm )

Has anyone else come across this? Apart from rebuilding the SDL libs is there anything else I should be looking at?

Cheers

Keef

If I remember correctly, try to run your app, when it crashes, press ALT-F10, and see what error messages are there, it should point you in the right direction. It might be some little thing that you overlooked in your app. More details would help...

"And that''s the bottom line cause I said so!"

Cyberdrek
danielc@iquebec.com
Founder
Laval Linux

/(bb|[^b]{2})/ that is the Question -- ThinkGeek.com
Hash Bang Slash bin Slash Bash -- #!/bin/bash
[Cyberdrek | ]
Advertisement
Got it working.

When you install the NVIDIA driver RPMS, the package manager prefixes the old mesa glx libs with xxx-, but they still seem to get loaded. Deleting them totally solved the problem.

The offending libs live in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions btw

Cheers

Keef
-----------------------Current Project: The Chromatic Game Engine

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement