Advertisement

Is this book worth the money?

Started by May 18, 2002 07:13 PM
3 comments, last by Grellin 22 years, 4 months ago
I have been reading reviews on this book (Programming Linux Games and wanted to ask you fine people that may have read it, if it was worth the money or should I look else where. I have been programming in Win32 and I am comfortable with that. Just making the jump to Linux coding has been a little different. Thanks in advance! GRELLIN
CGP | IYAOYAS | Linux.com
Don''t fear the penguin!
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
This book is AMAZING!!!

It goes over all aspects of Linux programming. Compiling, to programming, to makefiles, to distributing.

--SuperRoy

[My SourceForge Project, ''Snoballz'']
[Google!][Stick Soldiers][E-Mail Me!]
[End Transmission]
Sup guys?
Advertisement
The gamedev review is here.
Thanks for the replies, they were very helpfull.

GRELLIN

CGP | IYAOYAS | Linux.com | Linux Game Development Center

Don''t fear the penguin!
Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Wow, again thanks for the replies. I bought the book this morning, and read the whole thing today. I am very impressed with the format and will start the code examples tomorrow. It really answered a lot of questions I had about where to start.

GRELLIN

CGP | IYAOYAS | Linux.com | Linux Game Development Center

Don''t fear the penguin!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement