Advertisement

New graphic file format

Started by March 07, 2000 11:21 AM
1 comment, last by Yanroy 24 years, 6 months ago
Do you have to use bitmap files with DirectDraw? Can you make your own file loader that then can be blitted to a surface? Plz tell me how to do this... I know how to make the file format, just not how to blt it once it is loaded. --------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons;
www.trak.to/rdp

Yanroy@usa.com

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

I can''t get into specifics right now (I''m extremely busy at work), but you would load the file, and put it pixel by pixel onto the generic surface (according to whatever formats/rules your file contains). At that point, all surfaces are stored in DIB format, so you would blit like normal from the surface to the backbuffer, and then do the flip (you would only need to do the PIXEL by PIXEL thing when the sprite''s surface was created). Note that you WOULDN''T create this type of file as a resource -- you would need to load it manually during run-time.

Sorry I can''t go into it in more depth (if you email me, i should be able to describe it better tomorrow)

-Chris

---<<>>---
Chris Rouillard
Software Engineer
crouilla@hotmail.com
---<<>>--- Chris Rouillard Software Engineercrouilla@hotmail.com
Advertisement
I use the intel JPEG library to load my JPEG based bitmaps to a DirectDraw Surface.

U would need:
1) To download the Intel JPEG (IJL) library from intel.com. (its free)
2) create your own routine to read the JPEG file via the IJL library straight into a DDraw surface.

If u want, I can give u the source code I made.

(SikCiv@Hotmail.com)

Downloads:  ZeroOne Realm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement