Advertisement

XML over HTTP using MFC

Started by March 06, 2000 05:58 PM
1 comment, last by felisandria 24 years, 6 months ago
A friend of mine (real life friend who doesn''t currently have internet access due to the fact he just got transferred) needs some information about reading XML over HTTP using MFC. First off he wants to know if it''s even possible to use this, and if so, if anyone would know of some resources or demos that could help. I''ve never tried, so I was wondering if any of you have attempted something like this, and if so if you''d be willing to provide a few pointers or a push in the right direction. Thanks! -fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
HTTP isn''t restricited to delivering HTML files, an XML file transfer will be treated as any other file transfer, except with a different MIME type. So the answer to the first question is yes. I believe that you can just use Microsoft''s Internet Client SDK to retrieve files over HTTP. There are also a couple of third party ActiveX components that allow you to retrieve files over HTTP, off the top of my head, I can think of Newt HTTP.

Now, if you''re really talking about parsing and displaying an XML files with MFC, I''ve got no clue.
Advertisement

You can use the IE xml parser. It exposes microsofts Document Object Model (DOM) for XML and is available as a COM object. I forget the name of the dll, but a search ought to turn something up.

HTH,

-mordell

Yeah, sure... we are laughing WITH you ...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement