Why is Visual C++ so vague?

Started by February 23, 2000 04:14 AM
24 comments, last by Scorpion 24 years, 5 months ago
plz tell me. icq# 10251921 thescorpion@most-wanted.com
Ahh what do you mean by vague???

A few more details would help.
Advertisement
That''s exactly what i mean,

It''s so vague that you don''t even know what vague part i mean..

icq# 10251921
thescorpion@most-wanted.com
Visual C/C++ so vague? I''m not sure what you mean, i''d assume you meant the documentation. The documentation for VC++ is great. personally, I got tired of doing a man pthread whenever I needed to figure out how to create threads.
I think that he is talking about, that you must do all this stuff, just to create a window.
If what you mean by vague is that the actual language is vague, then that is for you to have room to breathe life into your program, whatever it may be.
Advertisement
nah, it''s the stupid handle''s etc.. what you have to do before you get even one thing on the screen...

ohwell..

icq# 10251921
thescorpion@most-wanted.com
It''s not vague!
It''s... ehm... errr... convoluted!

It''s actually just a complicated business to get a window onto the screen so that it works.
Win32 on its own just provides the absolute basic functionality without any beautification.
They want you to use MFC for "real" ( ahum ) windows programming.
It''s actually great for business apps, I use it for a living.. but then if you just want the one bloody window its grrr... just write the code once and copy many many times
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
I have one word for you... BorlandC++Builder.
Does the word "low-level" mean anything to you, Mr. Vague?
If you think WinAPI windows is hard to make, get yourself Visual Basic and you can create as many windows as you want.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement