can i progam using a laptop?

Started by
17 comments, last by yeah 24 years, 6 months ago
i think using a laptop would be good for me,when i''m on vaction i could still work on my games,i could program and watch tv at the same time,but i don''t if i can or not.i rather have something portable,so can i program with a laptop or no? yeah
yeah
Advertisement
Of course you can!
If you get a compiler (vc++ or something) you can even try out your programs.
When I''ve gone on vacation I did some programming to pass the time, but I never brought my computer. I would use pen and paper to program I couldnt test my code but it passed the time during those boring days.
Just because the church was wrong doesn't mean Galileo wasn't a heretic.It just means he was a heretic who was right.
I think he wins the award.
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

go ahead and use whatever you want. a laptop isnt a bad idea.

when i first started programming i had to get my friend to compile my code since i didnt have a computer that could support the compiler.
Whoever said "no you cant" is an idiot.

Most everyone I know who programs, does it on a laptop if they can. The only exception is going to be alot of your higher-end 3D applications, since there aren''t any really good 3D cards for laptops. Other than that, anything else is perfect on a laptop OR a desktop.
Especially since most places will let you pick the specs on your laptop you want before you buy. Get yourself a good speed with at least 64 megs of RAM and a good-sized hard drive and you''re good to go. Oh, yeah...make sure you get the biggest screen one you can. An extra inch can make alot of difference on a laptop when it comes to programming.
Gromit, ROFL!
Mike Weldon, a.k.a. FalloutBoymweldon@san.rr.com
hehe
-werdup-
LMAO!

Still Learning...
Still Learning...
thanks for your help,i''m gonna get a gateway but i have 2 more questions whats the best 3d card for a laptop and where can i get it?
yeah
I use my little Sony to program all the time..however - as for doing it in front of the TV - doesn''t work - to many distractions..You''ll find that hours will go by and you''ll get nothing done...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement