🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Delphi

Started by
4 comments, last by Zombie 24 years, 4 months ago
Does Delphi (newest version) support DirectX? I have to learn it in school and I''d like to do some DX stuff there. And if it does, from where I can download the SDK?
Advertisement
Hiya,

It is possible to do DirectX in Delphi, but it''s a pain in the backside! There is no SDK as such (as far as I''m aware), but the files (for DX v3) are out there somewhere (I don''t remember where, you''ll just have to look for them!)

Mind you, I only use Delphi v2 (the one that''s released as shareware) Perhaps newer versions are sorted for DX stuff.

I would recommend you use something like MS Visual C++, which is OK for that kind of stuff.

George.
George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
Actually, I use mostly VB, but I have to get a good grade from Delphi, so...
If you are only worried about your grade, then why do you ask about DirectX and Delphi? If you must use 3D graphics with Delphi I suggests that you go with OpenGL as there are a lot more information on how to combine these two.

Take a look at: Delphi3D

Edited by - Spellbound on 2/15/00 9:44:23 AM
Tack så mycket! (Almost only phrase I know in swedish)
You''re welcome :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement