Advertisement

Speech Synthesis

Started by February 14, 2000 12:45 PM
0 comments, last by KaneTHP 24 years, 7 months ago
I was just wondering what anyone can tell me about speech synthesis (text-> sound) has any game done this and how did it turn out? Are there any notable tutorials / faqs / references on this topic? In addition I'm interested in interlacing the display - that is in 3D only drawing every other line and not clearing it in a cheap attempt to raise the frame rate - has anyone done this or seen it done? (I posted a question similar to this but it died from no replies...) Edited by - KaneTHP on 2/14/00 4:16:52 PM
I''m not sure about speech synthesis. But there is a game in development (can''t remember which) that breaks down the speech into fonetics so that they can do synchronize lipmovement with the sound. I suppose this can be applied to speech synthesis.

With 3D hardware there is no reason to interlace the display, if it is done it would probably only slow things down anyway. Maybe it can be useful in software mode but I don''t think it will look any good. (You will get a kind of motion blur, not real of course)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement