Advertisement

Installing Allegro API ?

Started by February 06, 2002 08:46 AM
1 comment, last by Biased turkey 22 years, 7 months ago
I need to install the allegro .so library required by the ( new ) Linux version of EPSXE , the BEST Playstation1 emulator. Their windows version is excellent. I have no problem installing Redhat RPM binaries, the problem is that allegro comes as source tared zipped. After downloading untaring and unzipping I don''t know what to do. I know I have to compile it ( I`m familiar with compiling single source files with gcc using a very simple makefile ) but there is also a configure file and I''m unfamiliar with it. I entered the ./configure and after the make command. There is a lot of activity on the console screen so it looks like the source is compiled, and there is no error message during the compilation. When I then run the ./epsxe command for the emulator, the error message still says that the allegro library is missing. 1)There is NO readme file in the allegro package so could someone please tell me briefly about the installation process. 2) what does the configurate file does when executed ? 3) Coiuld someone please be kind enough to point me to a link that describes the installation process from a source file ? TIA
configure generates a makefile based on your system (what kind of compiler you have, what flags it uses, what platform you are on, etc...).

Run ''make'' after configure. Then, as root (assuming you trust the people that wrote allegro), run ''make install''.
Live free or DIE!!!!"My wife is not a doobie, to be passed around." --Homer Simpson.
Advertisement
Thanks a lot Larz, running "make install" was the final step required to install Allegro.
Damn, I was so close .
I''m now the proud owner of an Allegro library.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement