🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

isn't pathetic to say: yout project sucks?

Started by
7 comments, last by SigwarthSoft 24 years, 4 months ago
well i think it is pathetic! SigwarthSoft sigwarthsoft@hotmail.com http://www.sigwarthsoft.2000c.net/ icq#: 62538030 Maastricht, Netherlands Stefan Sigwarth
Advertisement
What are you talking about? What''s pathetic? Are you responding to something or someone?
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

He''s referring to a post in response to his help wanted thread.
Maybe your response should be in the the same thread. You can''t assume that everyone knows what you are talking about.
William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

I think the original posters comments have to do with your ambitious approach to game development.

After reading the original post, I too went to your web site. I thought to myself, "Ok, here''s someone making another 3D engine without orthogonal walls..". I then noticed you were hiring. I thought to myself, "Ok, here''s someone trying to start a company -- great!". But then I read some of your other posts here, and I have to admit I thought to myself, "Ok, here''s someone who doesn''t know that much about game development and software engineering". So, while I think telling people their projects ''suck'' is really unproductive, someone might need to let you into the term ''proof of concept'' and how that is directly related to ''investment capital'' and ''non returnable engineering'' costs.
WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I think someone pooped his diaper...

What does it matter to you guys about his project? It''s his project and it is in no way bothering anyone. You all need to grow up. We all start somewhere

Peace Love Empathy
Kurt
E-Mail-ttlnirvana@aol.com
IRC-y2Kurt
AIM-MadeTheBedIDieIn

*Another day in a boring town with the same old crowd*
Peace Love EmpathyKurtE-Mail-CipherSinger@hotmail.comIRC-y2KurtAIM-CipherSinger*Another day in a boring town with the same old crowd*
I don't believe I wrote a thing about his project. In fact, I have no damn clue what he is referring to.

I sincerely apologize for not reading every post on these boards so I would immediately know what he was referring to.

Stefan,
People (especially Americans) are opinionated assholes. If you are going to post a recruitment message and give a URL, expect negative feedback on your project no matter how good it is. Don't take the negative stuff to heart. Look through some of the other Help Wanted posts or any of the newbie posts. Many of them don't get by w/o a negative comment. I have posted plenty of negative comments myself. I have refrained from replying to many as well (I really try to refrain most of the time).

Here is what is happening. There are a lot 'ambitious' (thanks Sphet) posts that many of us get 'excited' about. A lot of 12 year old kids wanting 15 year veterans for basically nothing. People that were asking what a pointer was 2 days earlier. People that don't know how to use their own compiler but think they are going to write EQ2. Some punk kid makes up a company name, and thinks he is going to write a game. Whatever. Fine. Don't advertise it on here unless you can deal with it. Read a damn book. Take a damn class. Figure something out for yourself. Don't expect Carmack to work on your FPS with you (yes, I am ranting now but it is not necessarily directed towards you). Most people are more than willing to help and discuss legitimate issues. That is the point of this forum. Some people just know about certain things that others don't. Some poeple just want to discuss things. It is the stupid things that really have no business being on here that get us going. Sometimes though, we are looking too hard to find some little stupid thing to attack. We sometimes throw people into the 'punk kid' group that we shoudln't (I do this anyway. I am assuming others do as well). I am sorry for that. This board can be pretty rough sometimes.

Anyway... Hopefully, you will get some good feedback and some folks that will want to work with you. Good luck and have fun

DarthSpanky
Opinionated Asshole
USA

Edited by - DarthSpanky on 2/10/00 8:54:16 PM

I think he is talking about my project. I know the guy. HEHe. Just checked his icq#. I am working on a new game called TNW: the new world. check it out at www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/application/1003

we will get more then a thousand people in a giant 3d world. with a realtime weathersystem. And the weather is serverside. so EVERYONE will see the sun is shining. Not that one computer generates a huge storm and on a another computer its snowing.
People are working together to build up a own world. Its a second world, it will bring people to a new life. But the game will be released in maybe 5 or even 6 years! the beta version will be FREE!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement