Advertisement

Flight modeling tutorials?

Started by February 01, 2000 10:17 AM
1 comment, last by kurtg 24 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I''m very interested in flight simulators (mainly jets and helicopters), and in my persuit for programming it myself I have a hard time finding any *GOOD* tutorials on the flight models of jets / helicopters and how to program it... I''m not only interested in the basics, I want it to be as complete as possible, for example, a helicopter flight model tutorial talking about torque, translation, weight, wind, vortex ring state, blade stalls, throttle, dynamic roll over, ground resonance etc. [for now i''m mostly interested in jets though] I''m also interested in hearing about which kind of books I should get (books about aerodynamics which is neither too hard or too simple). Does anybody know any GREAT sites/tutorials about this subject? Thanks ! Kurt Gronbech
Kurt Gronbech
There is a group of folks that are developing a freeware flight sim at http://www.flightgear.org They have alot of links to other sites and good information. Also currently they are only modeling fixed wing aircraft, and in OpenGL, but in a multi-platform environment.
Advertisement
Thanks, yes, I actually found www.flightgear.com soon after I posted my message and so far it''s the best site I''ve found.

Kurt Gronbech

Kurt Gronbech

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement