🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Design Jeopardy

Started by
2 comments, last by SuperVGA 3 years, 4 months ago

Can you guess the names of the games described below?

1. A 2-player co-operative game where players use physics and bi-directional wormholes to overcome physics obstacles. The players win if both reach the end room. The players lose if either player dies.
  2. A 1-player FPS where the player attempts to solve a virtual conspiracy whilst avoiding death. The player can equip and upgrade abilities that, when enabled, temporarily boost the physical attributes of the protagonist. Players can also use experience points to increase the accuracy of certain classes of weapons. The player wins if they make a choice that has a profound effect on the game's world.
  3. An 8-player racing game where players regularly use novel abilities to sabotage their opponents or to gain a performance advantage. One of these abilities causes all other players to lose visibility for a few seconds. A player wins if they finish the race in first place. Players lose if they finish the race in 2nd to 8th place.
  4. A many-player role playing game where players represent one of two factions in a story set throughout space. Players complete discrete missions that help the selected faction and damage the opposing faction. Many player actions are judged as either good or bad, resulting in an overall placement on a 1-dimensional axis. This placement enables the use of items that have a nature conforming with the actions of the player. The game cannot be won or lost, however, surviving battles will improve the player's power whilst dying will prevent them from progressing.

I hope this was fun!

Advertisement

Don't scroll down. No cheating : )

I almost don't want to see @bhushanpatel66 ‘s comment removed, since it's such a fun response.

I don't have all the questions in order, so I'll pass.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement