🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3D printing and board games

Started by
1 comment, last by ddlox 3 years, 5 months ago

For a while now, I have owned a 3d printer and just began making a 3d catan collection settlers. I wondered if anyone had used 3d printing to make board game pieces or parts? For a friend who plans to open their own board game cafe in the future, I intend on making some custom Meeples. It would be nice to have some game suggestions with either fun sections to print or even ideas about how it could be used!

Advertisement

try this:

• print all Tetris 3d parts (i leave to you the exercise of finding out if you'd breach Prints rights -i wash my hands already, lol-)
  • put them into a small suede bag like the one in Scrabble (i leave to you the exercise of finding out if you'd be in breach of the Scrabble bag idea -my hands are already cleaned, boom-)
  • have a number of players pick from the bag and take turn filling up a Tetris 3D-like container
  • if player is blocked or can't take turn or passes then he/she is kicked out and makes coffee for everyone ?
  • last player wins only if he/she can manage to complete Tetris

aaww welll these rules are lame -lol-, but u get the idea, right;

have fun ?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement