🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Winter blues?

Started by
3 comments, last by fleabay 3 years, 5 months ago

Im staring at my code.

I know what I must do next. I'm not stuck.

But I can't bring myself to exert the effort to write the next few lines.

I used to be incredibly excited to write this game. In many wasy that passion has never left. But ever since Winter hit, despite my best efforts, mentally I just can't get there right now. At first I thought it was burn out.. but it's been a while now and usually i'd be out of this funk. Wondering if it's simply Winter and the lead up to christmas has killed me (Im a father of two little ones, christmas is a busy time)

sigh

Anybody else going through something similar?

~Ky.

Advertisement

I tend to run into this every few years. It is burnout, I think. And this year it's magnified by the stresses of Covid restrictions, mass work-from-home, etc.

I'd recommend that if you don't have a pressing need to push through it (i.e. you have another way to put food on the table), you let yourself drift a bit longer. In time this too shall pass.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

@swiftcoder I like this response, thank you. It actually lifts a bit of weight off my shoulders

~Ky.

I don't know where your head is but if you can't even open your code editor, try watching this. It's geared towards YouTube creators but you can draw from it. I find it very inspirational and watch it every few days hoping it will finally take. ?

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement