🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Feedback Undervaluing your game

Started by
40 comments, last by Tom Sloper 3 years, 8 months ago

Nah, he did give more details.

As I asked for feedback in General, if it really bore him that much, he didn't even have to write anything. Just ignore it.

Advertisement

Zurtan said:
he did give more details.

Please don't go out of your way to be more forthcoming.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Yea, anyway, this thread can be closed if you want.

I don't mind keep arguing here though.

But some people here just want to prove me that no matter what there are no people who would trash your game out of malice.

@Zurtan So you're not going to post the details of why he thought the game was boring?

"i don't know what i'm talking about? okay, so be it. it won't bother me if your games sells 2 copies :)

i'm being honest with YOU. your trailer has no luster, and not target audience. the game's UI does not match the style of the game. i can tell you are a fairly new developer, though, and you probably don't have much experience. from what i can tell -your game has no appealing visuals -no target audience -no USP -no fantasy and not much appeal overall, it would only help you if you watched a few of jonas's videos on steam releases."

Zurtan said:

…some people here just want to prove me that no matter what there are no people who would trash your game out of malice.

… or elaborate on where this is coming from. I don't think we've dealt in absolutes here. You just had some resistance because of your bias against indie devs.

I doubt they're going to find any proof anyways: there will be people who will leave a review because they're hating on you. There will. But will it be a good review or not? That's up to you to judge (and filter)

Zurtan said:
Quote: i don't know what i'm talking about?

Ok, sou you told the person that gave you that comment that they didn't know what they were talking about? Just as I expected. You take negative criticism personal, than when “asking” for clarification you insult the person that wrote the criticism and then wonder when you get even more negative responses.

I'm done here. Have fun living in your little bubble of people “underrating” your game unfairly.

Juliean said:
I'm done here. Have fun living in your little bubble of people “underrating” your game unfairly.

I suggested a change to his game to make it more appealing and he implemented the change without much ado, so he does listen to suggestions. Maybe he does better with specifics rather than generalizations.

fleabay said:

Juliean said:

I suggested a change to his game to make it more appealing and he implemented the change without much ado, so he does listen to suggestions. Maybe he does better with specifics rather than generalizations.

Yeah the lerp movement was awesome, IMO. @zurtan - Really did something to the feel of the game.

fleabay said:

I also suppose you didn't tell him that his game was bad, but just suggested an improvement, right? Thats obviously much easier if someone says “Hey there is that thing that if you improve it would make that game much better”, compared to “there is this thing about your game thats really bad, and you need to fix it”. I don't doubt that he wants to make his game better; but what bothers me is this utter dismissal of negative feedback and (now proven) rudeness towards people who might not like what you are doing. And also the general notion that people how would make statements like #2 are being dishonest.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement