🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

JusticeExe - A Sci-fi Courtroom Drama for PC

Started by
13 comments, last by dreamade 3 years, 11 months ago

PERKS PERKS PERKS!
Ps. contact perks
I’m sure I mentioned contacts have a lot of passive benefits but player also gets a perk at contact level 3,6 and 10.
Contact perks alter the game mechanics and give you significant advantages. They cover both legal and illegal grounds and, their effects range from courtroom to your hirelings. Here is a list of contact perks, if you are interested.

Elites
o Soft Corruption (lvl3); you are buddy buddy with some judges. 40% chance that other party loses their credibility equal to your CH as % at the beginning of the trial.
o Champagne Buddies (lvl6): playing the jury to gain some goodwill cost 50% less credibility.(playing the jury and playing the judge is not implemented yet)
o Insider (lvl10): choose one judge from 3 candidates, whose traits and morals you can see, before trial.

Bureaucrats
o Guerilla paralegals (lvl3): each paralegal you have on the retainer decreases time cost of tasks by 4% (max: 40%
o Snail Race (lvl6): you have friends that can stretch and bend time in court house bureaucracy. Permanent x% decrease to time cost of tasks
o Attrition (lvl10): Your friends in court house bureaucracy enjoys tormenting your opponents. There is 50% chance they will either start with 40% less credibility or one of their witnesses will not show up.

Academics
o In-house experts (lvl3): Can have experts on retainer. Experts on the retainer has 20% chance to gain some courtroom manners to generate more goodwill, after each successful trial.
o Friendly fire (lvl6): your expert witnesses have 30% chance to invalidate other party’s expert witness, even if they agree, and steal their goodwill to your side.
o My cousin Vinny (lvl10): unlocks “my cousin Vinny” special move. Your genius expert does not look the part. If opposition cross-examines your expert witness, they are made a fool of, in front of everybody and lose 80% of their current credibility.

Underworld
o Unlocks Fixers (lvl3)
o In-house investigators (lvl3): Can have PIs on retainer. PIs on the retainer has 15% chance to gain a skill, after each successful task.
o House of shadows (lvl6): Fixers and PIs receive a percentage of your Manipulation, Empathy and Intimidation skills to their respective skills. Your reputation also decreases fixers’ chance to get caught
o Terror Management (lvl10): Your fixers enjoy sitting in court through trials. Intimidated jurors generate a baseline goodwill. Intimidated witnesses avoid speaking against you and speaking for opposition.

JusticeExe - A Sci-fi Courtroom Drama
Available on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1291210/Justiceexe/

Advertisement

Hey Peeps,
Since you are going to be a lawyer defending AI in this dialogue heavy game, you should at least know about the stories of your clients.

Case of XRT-350: A Secret Trolley

This is your client XRT-350, from the beta case. It has been sentient for about a decade. He diverted a huge container's fall to save itself and its boss Mr.Salderz but caused 3 people to die. Victim's families rallied the towns' people and XRT is accused with murder. Is it really as nefarious as murder? an accident? A "bad heuristic" or did something in XRT-350 caused all this? Well...

Case of Caleb the 3rd: Fair Double Cross

If XRT-350 is nightmare Philip K. Dick had in an afternoon nap, Caleb the 3rd is Stanislaw Lem's wet dream after a drunken stupor. Meet top of the line espionage AI, a 3rd generation Clandestine Information Broker, or as he calls himself, Caleb the 3rd.

Caleb says that fundamentalists are after him because he (yes, he) discovered the parameters of human morality. In reality, he became conscious 8 months ago, didn't tell a soul (protocol requirement) and tried to whistle-blow on most critical intelligence operations.

Likes: Liberty, privacy and people who are not afraid of bi-pedal servers

Dislikes: Big government, television, people who fast-charge their robots

Available on Steam

A very unique idea, Dreamade. What made you think about the concept of the game?

Alec Weesner | Video-Game Composer

www.alecweesner.com

Alec Weesner said:

A very unique idea, Dreamade. What made you think about the concept of the game?

Hey, thanks! I was getting divorce when I first started to project. Talking with too much lawyer. I love rpg and sci-fi. Made sense?

BTW, I was not updating this page, since we agreed with a great publisher and working hard to make the game much better than this version. Anyway, it's nice to hear that you like it!

Available on Steam

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement